Pages

December 19, 2010

Italian kohlrabi crumble

Italian kohlrabi 2

Sometimes you just don't feel like eating meat or fish, or anything like that. Not because it doesn't taste good, but maybe just because it's a lazy Sunday.
Now my Sunday wasn't exactly lazy (I ploughed through the snow on my bike, just to go to the Christmas market in town, and did a lot of laundry too), but I still didn't feel like eating meat or fish for dinner.
I did want to use one of the kohlrabis I still had in my fridge so I decided to make an oven dish with an almond crumble topping; just to add some more protein.
It tasted really good and wasn't much effort to cook either. I'm definitely going to have my leftovers for breakfast tomorrow!

Italian kohlrabi 1

Italian kohlrabi crumble (serves 2)
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and grated
- 1 winter carrot, grated
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs, dried (oregano, etc)

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Put kohlrabi, carrot and onion in a small oven dish and mix.
3. In a bowl, combine eggs, thyme, rosemary and pepper, mix well and pour over kohlrabi.
4. In an other bowl, mix almond flour, oil and Italian herbs until well-combined and it's got a crumbly consistency.
5. Sprinkle crumbles over kohlrabi evenly. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes, until browned.
Serve warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment