Pages

October 4, 2011

Chicken and chard stir-fry



Tonight's dinner consisted of mainly leftovers; shredded chicken, lamb sausages, and a mix of some fruits and veggies I got from my aunt and uncle's veggie garden; Swiss chard, onion and apple.
That's not all I got from them though... They got me: a huge bag of Swiss chard, collard greens, kohlrabi, onions, carrots, beets, leeks, spicy peppers, endive, apples, cooking pears and walnuts. Needless to say my fridge is stuffed (it took me over an hour to chop the chard and collard greens to fit my fridge) and I won't need to buy any veggies for the next week and a half. Thanks!!!! =D
And also a big thanks to my mom and dad for the additional supply of coconut flour, almond flour and fish, and for driving all the way over to my place because there was no way I could've taken this all on the train by myself. That would've been one hell of a farmer's walk from the train station to my home..
Upon arriving home I found my copy of Paleo Comfort Foods, yay! It was a shame I had to go to work this morning, otherwise I'd have spent my day in the kitchen making a few meals out of it. By now, I've carefully studied the recipes in it and can't wait to start cooking!


First off, here's a quick recipe for an easy yet tasty meal.
In this dish, I decided to get out of my usual habit of adding the same spices to the same kind of meals every time, and combined cinnamon, cardamom and caraway seeds in this dish. One word: yummy!


Chicken and chard stir-fry


Ingredients:
- 1 onion, minced
- 200g cooked and shredded chicken
- 100g lamb sausage, cooked and sliced
- 3 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 sweet apple, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil


1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and sautee onions until soft.
2. Add chicken and lamb, heat for about a minute, then add the chard, apple and spices.
3. Stir-fry over medium heat until the chard has welted and the apple pieces are soft.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment