Here's another recipe with tilapia. It had been such a long time since I cooked anything with tilapia (I mostly eat salmon these days) and thought it was about time to eat some white fish again. I also found some pumpkin seeds and decided to pan roast them and top my fish with them, that actually turned out really well! If you don't feel like roasting pumpkin seeds, feel free to use some cashews for garnish, that'll make a nice combination as well.
I ate this as a simple lunch, but you could serve it with some more veggies to turn it into a bigger meal. Just be creative!
Coconut Braised Tilapia (serves 2)
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet and fry onions until slightly translucent.
2. Add chopped zucchini and fry for about a minute, then add in the coconut milk, lemon juice, curry powder and black pepper.
3. Bring to a boil and let the tilapia fillets carefully slide in.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for approx. 3 minutes, then carefully flip the fish so the fillets stay intact.
5. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes until the fish is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
6. While the fish is simmering, put a frying pan over medium heat and roast the pumpkin seeds until slightly popped and browned. Keep moving the seeds in the pan around to make sure they don't burn.
7. Carefully transfer each tilapia fillet to a plate and top with the coconut sauce and vegetables.
8. Top with chopped parsley and pumpkin seeds, serve and enjoy!