Pages

October 11, 2011

Paleo Comfort Foods cooking



Remember my review for Morning Glory Muffins, from Paleo Comfort Foods? They were so good.. By now, my book has arrived in the mail and I've actually gotten the chance to pick some dishes that appealed to me and start cooking!
I ended up making 4 recipes and everything, yes, everything, turned out great! This book truly makes cooking Paleo easy.


That's a lot of praise for a book, I know, so let me just show you some pictures of the dishes I made and let them speak for themselves:



I started out by making their pumpkin pancakes. One batch of batter made me 20 pancakes! I served those with their fried apples with pecans (pretty hard not eating those before serving..) and a salad I made up myself.



Next up was their banana bread! At the time I didn't have a hand mixer available, so I threw all ingredients in a blender and that worked out very well. I stirred in the walnuts later on, poured it into a cake loaf pan, baked it and voilá, a yummy banana bread.
We found out that this banana bread tastes really good when you drink some paleo hot chocolate. But it pairs great with some fresh strawberries as well.



The next meal I made was their chili. I must admit that I wasn't able to find all of the ingredients over here (I'm not in the USA, so I guess I just have to deal with that..) but it still turned out to be a really tasty dish. I certainly didn't mind eating the leftovers the day after!


I also loved the fact that most of the recipes show options so you can give it a twist or adapt it to your liking/convenience. Very thoughtful!
One thing's for sure, I'm not done cooking from this book yet! And even while I've started a Whole30 today, there are still lots and lots of dishes in it that I can make.
Interested? Check out their website: http://paleocomfortfoods.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment