I must admit that I still like her Moroccan spiced burgers best of all, but I'm quite satisfied with how these came out. The best thing about burgers is that you can add so many different spice combinations with them, and they always end up tasting great. Oh and they're super easy to make, plus they're hard to mess up, they'll taste better than supermarket-bought burgers anyhow. Every single time.
I guess I've made it clear enough how much I like burgers now, so here's the recipe:
Italian burgers (serves 3)
- 500g ground beef
- 70g tomato puree (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Throw all ingredients, except for the coconut oil, together in a large bowl and start kneading the mixture with your hands, until well-combined and can be shaped into a ball.
2. Divide the mixture into 6 equal pieces, roll them into balls and press them flat to form burgers. Put the burgers on a plate.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry your burgers over medium heat for approx. 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through, or a 2-3 minutes when you prefer your burgers pinkish on the inside.
4. Serve with veggies of your choice and enjoy!