Pages

October 20, 2011

Apple / pear clafoutis



It's time for a 2-in-1 recipe today!
All because of some experimenting I did over the weekend. On Sunday, I felt like having a snack, browsed around the kitchen and found a few ingredients. Next, I surfed the web for a recipe, found something that contained lots of agave but still sounded good and decided to make it: pear clafoutis.
The only ingredient I didn't have was agave itself though. Since I'm not a huge fan of very sweet cakes and such anymore, I decided to drop the agave from the recipe and tried to make it work.
My clafoutis turned out quite well, although the only problem was that it was slightly undersweetened. (is that a word?) The day after, I visited my mom and told her about my clafoutis that wasn't sweet enough. And before I knew it I was making another clafoutis, this time with apples, made some changes to the batter ingredients and it worked out really well!

So, if you're looking for a dessert that's super easy to make and doesn't fill you up to the brim, you could try making this clafoutis. It doesn't matter if you use apples or pears, use whatever suits your fancy.


Apple / pear clafoutis (serves 2)

Ingredients:
- 2 medium apples / 2 pears
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp vanilla marrow (or 1 tbsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted over low heat
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp coconut milk

1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
2. Wash the fruit, remove the core (you can leave the skin on) and slice into thin slices.
3. In a bowl, combine almond flour, desiccated coconut, cinnamon and vanilla, and stir to mix.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs and coconut milk.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, until a smooth batter forms.
6. Divide the fruit slices over 2 small baking pans and pour the batter on top, dividing it equally.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set and golden brown. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving. (or risk some serious blisters in your mouth by caving right in, like I did..)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment