Pages

September 30, 2011

Paleo Chocolate Banana Walnut Muffins


Muffin time!
It's Friday night and I felt like baking again. Since I ran out of almond flour but still had a huge supply of coconut flour, the base for my muffins was easily chosen.
Add some banana, cocoa and walnuts and an ideal Friday night snack is born. Yum!


I combined it with watching a new TV-show called Terra Nova, and a glass of water for hydration purposes. I definitely needed some rest tonight!
My weekend will be filled with good food: a BBQ on Saturday, out to dinner at my favourite Indonesian restaurant on Sunday. Life is good!
Oh and I'm going to run a 5km race on Sunday too, I'm already looking forward to that! And I'm kinda getting nervous too..
Anyhow; enjoy the recipe!




Chocolate banana walnut muffins
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 bananas
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped


1. Heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir to combine.
3. In a blender or food processor, process the bananas, eggs and coconut oil until smooth.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a fairly thick batter forms.
5. Stir the walnuts into the batter and divide the batter over the prepared muffin tins.
6. Bake for approx. 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment