September 20, 2011
Apple Pistachio Turkey Burgers
Here's another recipe for burgers! I made these yesterday and they turned out really well, nice and sweet, for everyone who isn't a big fan of lots of spices. Feel free to add some more spices if you do like that though!
I've been browsing through 'The Primal Blueprint - Quick and Easy Meals' (by Mark Sisson) last weekend and there's a recipe for a pistachio sauce (with burgers) in there which I tried and.. wow! It was good.. really good. The other meals in the book looked great too, and it gave me a whole lot of inspiration! Since I don't have much planned for the upcoming weekend, chances are I'm going to be doing lots of cooking, and hopefully will come up with some new recipes as well.
For now, enjoy these burgers!
Apple Pistachio Turkey Burgers (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 350g turkey fillet, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 small apple
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Coarsely grind the pistachios in a food processor.
2. Add the turkey, egg and spices and process until well-combined.
3. Peel and core the apple, and chop it very finely. If you want you can also grate it.
4. Pulse the apple pieces into the turkey mixture.
5. Divide the mixture into 6 equal balls and flatten to turn them into burgers, put them on a plate and set aside.
6. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for approx. 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and well done. Enjoy!