Pages

September 14, 2011

My new favourite breakfast


New favourite breakfast? Yes! Someone introduced me to smoked horse meat a few weeks ago, then made me breakfast with it, and I've been eating this a lot ever since. I don't think I've had breakfast without it for the last couple of days.. (and I've been tempted to make it for lunch and dinner as well!)

It's the perfect alternative to bacon, I personally like it even better than bacon, since I can't have pork in the first place.
Because of my new love for this horse meat, I've bought 1,4kg of horse meat (raw, not smoked or sliced) at the market a few days ago, which I'm going to turn into a stew. Let's hope it'll be good!

Anyway, it's been a while since my last recipe, and I was planning to put up a new chicken recipe last Monday, but I did something stupid; I cut my thumb pretty badly while chopping a pumpkin (I slightly panicked from the cut, and I'm not the kind of person who panics easily). They told me I needed stitches when I let someone check it out at the hospital the day after, but it was already too late for that. Not that I'm worried about a scar on my thumb, I'd rather not have someone pull my skin back together with a needle and thread. It'll heal anyway.
This does have a few downsides though: I can't compete in Sunday's survivalrun I signed up for :-(
And cooking has become more of a challenge, since I -apparently- need both thumbs a lot.
I'm still going to give my chicken recipe a try tonight though!

Before I head over to the recipe; I did Murph yesterday! Awesome workout! (apparently, you don't really need your thumbs for pull ups!)
1,6km run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, 1,6km run.
I finished in 46'48". Next time, I'm going to try being even faster! Maybe when I improve on kipping pull ups..

Smoked horse meat omelette (serves 1)
- 8 slices of smoked horse meat
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and divide the horse meat over the pan.
2. Let the slices crisp up a little, this takes approx. 1 minute. In the mean time, whisk your eggs with the black pepper in a bowl.
3. Pour the eggs over the meat, sprinkle with fresh cilantro and fry until set. This omelette will be quite thin so there's no need to flip it. If you decide to use more eggs or use a smaller pan, make sure to flip your omelette as soon as the top starts to set. (approx. 2-3 minutes)
4. Serve hot, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment