September 8, 2011
Oven roasted sprouts
Not many people I know actually like Brussels sprouts, but they're mostly used to having their sprouts boiled to death (just like grandma always did..). There are, in fact, so many ways to make sprouts taste good!
You can stir-fry them, add them to curries, fritattas, and, like I did today; roast them in your oven. It's quick, easy and very tasty!
Plus, they're really cheap when in season, so it would be a shame not to take advantage of that.
I only added some black pepper as seasoning, but feel free to add other spices to your liking. Sprouts are really good with some curry powder for example. Or garnish them with some walnuts, and some dried cranberries perhaps. Have fun!
Oven roasted sprouts (serves 2)
- 500g Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp extra vierge olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Rinse the sprouts, remove the bottoms and cut them in half.
3. Toss the sprouts with the olive oil and fresh black pepper on the baking tray and divide them equally, so that they don't overlap.
4. Roast in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes until slightly browned.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!