Pages

September 5, 2011

Chocolate chip banana cake



Hi everyone! I'm back from the USA, and finally have a new recipe to share with you all.
I got home from a great weekend this afternoon (someone made me steak for breakfast, nothing beats that!) and felt like getting creative in the kitchen.


The question 'What to do with leftover chocolate chips??' had been on my mind for a little while. I didn't want to make a huge amount of cakes/cookies/etc. because I know myself (and my appetite..), and therefore I also knew those wouldn't be safe around me. Something smaller was definitely key here.


I ended up mashing a banana together with an egg, some coconut oil, almond flour and the chocolate chips I had left. I poured the mixture into one of my mini springform pans, which are perfect for making smaller portions, baked it for 40 minutes and a moist, airy, chocolate chip banana cake was born!
That's all I'm going to say for now. Just try it and enjoy!


Chocolate chip banana cake
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted over very low heat
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius, and line the base of a mini springform pan (4 1/2 inch) with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the egg and coconut oil into the mashed banana until smooth.
3. Stir in the almond flour until a thick batter forms.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared springform pan.
5. Bake for approx. 40 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog.
    Going to try it out.
    Sounds good.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Keep sharing more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'd love to hear how it works out!

    ReplyDelete