Pages

September 17, 2011

Mini-meatloaf



Found another use for my hot sauce today! I made two of these mini-meatloafs, and spread them with the sauce right before baking. They turned out nice and moist and I'm glad I made two so I can have the other one for breakfast tomorrow!
I wasn't really sure what to call these, as they could be huge burgers, but since I baked them in the oven I figured 'meatloaf' would be more appropriate. And who cares about the name anyway..? They taste good.


If you don't like them spicy, feel free to spread some tomato puree on top instead of the hot sauce. They'll still be nice and moist, without the heat.


Mini-meatloaf (serves 2)
- 300g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp of your favourite hot sauce


1. Heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Put all ingredients except for the hot sauce together in a bowl and mix with your hands until well-combined.
3. Divide the mixture over 2 mini springform pans (4 1/2 inch in diameter) and press down with the back of a spoon.
4. Spread the hot sauce over your meatloafs and bake for approx. 40 minutes, or until no longer red in the middle.
5. Let cool for a few minutes, remove from pans and serve with veggies of your choice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment