Pages

March 7, 2011

Curried sprouts fritatta

Curried sprouts fritatta 1

I'm still in 'New York mode' today, makes me so happy :) I'm also still listening to the Abercrombie & Fitch playlist a few times a day. Very wrong, I know, but it gives me this summery feeling with songs like 'In The Navy' (Village People), 'Get Up' (Disco Brothers ft. Weather Girls) and 'I Love Saturday' (Erasure) and I removed a lot of depressing songs from my ipod too. Occasionally I find myself browsing NYC on Google maps, just to see if I can find some nice places to go. My mom and me came up with the idea to go to the cinema in the evening over there and we might go to a Broadway show as well. I'm not sure what's on next month, but I'll find out soon enough.
I've also been browsing the USA map again to plan a trip, and I might just start in San Francisco or LA, drive through Yosemite NP, Sequoia NP, Vegas, Valley of Fire SP, Canyonlands, all the way through Colorado, into Utah and visit Salt Lake City and its surroundings, through to Wyoming and of course Yellowstone NP, grab a piece of Idaho along the way and go through to Montana, into Washington to see Seatlle. And if there's time left, down into Oregon because that appears to be a beautiful state too.
After all of that, I'll simply make a stop-over in Chicago for a few days because that's a city I really want to see.

Now all I need is time and money...

Since I didn't feel too good last week I started taking some more vitamin C and it seems to be working. I feel much more energised and fit.
And I can hardly believe I don't have any sore arms after yesterday's workout! I had expected not to be able to lift anything today, but it's going well.
The weather's great again today, so I'm thinking of going for a run in the afternoon.
This morning I cycled all the way to the market, turns out, there were hardly any stalls because of some festival that's going on over here. At least the weather was fine, so I didn't really mind.

For lunch I made myself a fritatta with brussels sprouts and chipolata sausages. Quite good! I already know what's for breakfast tomorrow!


Curried sprouts fritatta 2

Curried sprouts fritatta (serves 2-3)
- 500g brussels sprouts, washed and halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 200g chipolata sausages, cut into small slices
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- black pepper
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Preheat oven grill to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat coconut oil in an oven-proof skillet or frying pan and fry onion over medium heat until soft.
3. Add sausages and fry until done, then add sprouts and spices and fry for approx. 5 minutes until sprouts are fork tender.
4. Pour the whisked eggs over the sprouts and reduce heat to low. After 4-5 minutes, transfer the pan to the oven and put the fritatta under the grill for approx. 10-12 minutes until done.
5. Cut into equal pieces and serve hot or cold. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment