March 26, 2011
Roasted pepper salad
I've been pretty lazy last week.. Only went to the gym once, and didn't really feel like doing a lot of cooking. I blame it on the exam I had last Thursday and this was my way of dealing with the stress. Not exactly the best way to so (especially since it included eating a lot of nuts, dried fruits and there might have been some potato crisps too) but 2 days later, I realised I feel much better when eating clean Paleo and going for regular workouts. And that's exactly what I'm going to do! I'm thinking about going for a run today and I might cycle to the market as well. Not sure yet..
Today I still had some peppers in my fridge and thought it would be nice to roast them in my oven. It's been such a long time since I had those, and the ones I had came out of a jar so I never really had the real deal. They're soo good! And my home smells really nice because of the roasting too.
Roasted pepper salad (serves 2)
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 small red onion, in thin rings
- 2 chicken fillets, cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
2. Wash the peppers, pat dry and put them on the prepared baking tray. Bake for approx. 1 hour, turning them every 15-20 minutes. The peppers should be black and wrinkly.
3. Let the peppers rest for a while to cool, then carefully peel the black skin off. This should be quite easy to do.
4. Remove the seeds and slice the peppers into long strips. Divide over 2 plates.
5. Divide the sliced onion over the peppers, then add the shredded chicken and capers.
6. Sprinkle with some olive oil and top with the chopped basil. Serve and enjoy!