Just made these for lunch; turnip parsnip fritters. They made a very tasty combination! I served them with some leftover beef stew (which I mixed with purslane and celeriac).
I'm just going to go to the city center this afternoon, stroll over the market and that's about it. Always love doing that!
For now, here's the recipe for the fritters:
Turnip parsnip fritters (serves 1 or 2)
- 1 medium parsnip, washed and peeled
- 1 turnip, washed and peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Finely grate parsnip and turnip (I used my food processor with grating blade) and transfer to a bowl.
2. Add eggs and spices and mix well with a spoon.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and drop 1/4 cups of the mixture in the pan, flatten with the back of a spoon to turn them into fritters.
4. Reduce heat to medium and flip over after a few minutes, when the bottoms are browned.
5. After another few minutes, when the other side has browned as well, transfer fritters to a plate.
6. Repeat process with the rest of the parsnip and turnip mixture.
7. Serve hot or cold, as a side dish, meal or even as a snack.