Pages

March 27, 2011

Leftover chicken stir-fry

Leftover chicken stir-fry

My CrossFit workouts seem to have improved my running big time! I went for a run yesterday and it was so easy, it took me hardly any effort.
Of course the beautiful weather helped as well.
As for my CrossFit workouts, they're getting easier as well! I've already increased some of the weights I use and I hardly get any sore muscles afterwards anymore. What I'm most proud of, is that I now use a slightly less thick rubber band for my pullups than I used to, and still get my reps done as prescribed.

I made a huge amount of beef stew today, to store in my freezer. I love being able to pull it out of the freezer when I feel like it. Some days you just don't have the time to do a large amount of cooking.
Today I ate the last pieces of Wednesday's chicken. I never knew leftover chicken could be so tasty! The meat I ate today was from the wings and thighs, very tasty. I think I like it even better than the breast meat.
Out of the chicken carcass I'd made some chicken stock too. I saved part of it in my freezer, for soup I guess, and I saved some in my fridge. I already put some in my beef stew, and it also worked really well with today's dinner.


Leftover chicken stir-fry (serves 2)
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pak choi (bok choy), chopped
- 300g cooked chicken meat, shredded
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry onions and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
2. Add pak choi and stir-fry for about a minute, until starting to wilt.
3. Add chicken, chicken stock, ground coriander, paprika and pepper and fry for another few minutes until heated through.
4. Serve with fresh coriander on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment