Pages

March 28, 2011

Paleo Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies

Paleo chocolate hazelnut cookies

I needed chocolate and cookies today.. And I had a good reason for that.
The best way to combine my needs: chocolate cookies!
I kept them simple, only used 5 different ingredients and sweetened them with dates instead of agave or something similar. I like my chocolate to be bitter, so if you like yours to be a little sweeter, simply add a few more dates.
Right now, I'm watching Prison Break, my latest addiction, and am enjoying these cookies at the same time. Pretty good!

Paleo Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 10 - 12 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, combine hazelnuts and dates and process until the consistency of coarse sand.
3. Add cocoa, eggs and coconut oil and process until a dough forms.
4. Form 12 balls of the dough and flatten them with your hands to form cookies. Put them on the prepared baking tray.
5. Bake for approx. 15 minutes until done, let them cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment