Pages

March 2, 2011

Chicken stuffed peppers with guacamole

Chicken stuffed pepper 2

Already feeling much better on day 3 today! I basically had a huge breakfast with lots of chicken and eggs, which easily kept me full until lunch. Lunch consisted of a salad with smoked mackerel, and I wasn't hungry again until dinner.
As for dinner, I decided I'd make something special tonight; stuffed peppers.
My first idea was to stuff them with some beef, but I figured a chicken stuffing would be good too. And totally different!
These worked out so well, as you can see from the pictures they're nice and firm on the inside, not too wet, not dry at all. The guacamole made a tasty side-dish, adding some good fats to my meal. Yum!


I couldn't get all of my chicken mixture inside the peppers, because I simply had too much.. So I put the leftovers in some silicon muffin cups and baked those for 45 minutes; making small chicken burgers. Perfect for snacking or adding to a salad.

Chicken stuffed peppers 1

Chicken stuffed peppers (serves 2)
- 2 large peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 350g chicken fillet, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- black pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Put the prepared peppers in an oven dish.
2. In a food processor, pulse together the zucchini, carrot, garlic, spring onions and red onion, until a coarse mixture forms.
3. Add chicken, egg, paprika, ground coriander, ginger and pepper and process until well-combined.
4. Divide the chicken mixture over the peppers and bake for 1 hour until done.
5. Serve with some fresh coriander leaves on top, and home-made guacamole on the side and enjoy!

Chicken stuffed pepper 3

Guacamole (serves 2-4)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice

1. Halve the avocados, remove the pit and scoop the flesh into a bowl, mash the flesh with a fork.
2. Finely chop the tomato, onion and garlic, and add them with the other ingredients to the mashed avocados.
3. Mix well, serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment