Pages

March 30, 2011

Cajun beef and butternut

Cajun beef and butternut

I made myself and easy dinner tonight; beef strips with butternut squash and cajun spices, topped with coriander. And served it with roasted broccoli, again.
Coriander is my absolute favourite spice to top just about any dish with!
Normally mine doesn't really keep that well in my fridge, so I decided to chop it up this time and keep it in a tupperware. I hope it'll work! I still have lots of ideas on how to use it this week.
I even started growing my own herbs this week, and while I'm not quite sure it's actually going to work (I don't have a garden or balcony) I really enjoy the process of trying to grow something. I've got parsley, coriander, thyme, basil, chives and mint. The seeds should have sprouted within the next 10 days or so, and if there's anything to show, I'll make sure to put a picture up. Let's see what happens..

Cajun beef and butternut (serves 2)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 300g beef strips
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp cajun spices
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Boil some water in a steamer and steam the butternut for approx. 8-10 minutes until soft.
2. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or wok and fry onion and garlic until soft.
3. Add beef strips and cajun spices and fry for approx. 4 minutes until done.
4. Add steamed butternut and mix well.
5. Serve hot with the fresh coriander on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment