Pages

March 15, 2011

Yellowfin Sole in Tikka tomato sauce

Yellowfin sole in Tikka tomato sauce

Finally, some time to cook myself a decent meal again!
I still wanted to make it a quick meal, because I was planning to go for a good CrossFit workout afterwards. After I got ill last week, I haven't exactly done any exercise anymore and I miss it. Luckily I feel all better, and even the fact that I was looking forward to go for a workout is a good sign.
The workout itself was a little less easy, I could definitely feel that I'd been ill, but it felt good to be there again!

This dish only took me 20-25 minutes to prepare from scratch. So easy!
I served the fish with some oven roasted broccoli, which has turned into one of my favourite ways to enjoy vegetables.
Now that I come to think of it, I seem to be making a lot of dishes with a tomato based sauce these days. They're different every time though.

Yesterday I filled out a really interesting survey, and I can recommend everyone to fill it out as well. So to anyone who hasn't done this yet; fill out the 2011 Paleo Community Survey!

Yellowfin Sole in Tikka tomato sauce (serves 2)
- 3 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp Tikka curry powder (or curry paste)
- approx. 5 Yellowfin Sole fillets
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped

1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry onions and garlic until soft.
2. Add tomatoes and spices and bring to a boil.
3. Add Yellowfin Sole fillets and reduce heat to low.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for approx. 7-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish fillets.
5. Serve with some chopped coriander on top, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment