Pages

March 18, 2011

Quick paleo cookies

Quick paleo cookies 1

My nut- and fruit free weeks are over! In total I stuck to it for 2.5 weeks and I felt great! My only cheat days were last weekend, when staying with my parents and enjoying that awesome high tea.
These days I get way less cravings, my blood sugar is pretty much stable throughout the day and I feel much fitter. Most of the time I don't even feel like eating any fruits or nuts because my meals keep me full all the way through to my next meal.
From now on I'll only be having fruits and nuts as a treat on weekends. They're so easy to grab during the day as a quick snack, but in the end they won't make me feel any better, just more tired and craving for more. So it's weekends only!

Quick paleo cookies 2

Tonight I was planning to watch a movie and I felt like making myself a well-deserved treat. It's weekend after all! I ended up making these delicious cookies, they were so good!!

Quick paleo cookies (makes 10-15 cookies)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cookie spices (nutmeg, cloves, ginger)

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, combine apricots, dates, coconut, egg and coconut oil and process until crumbly.
3. Add brazil nuts and pulse a few times so they're coarsely chopped.
4. Add almond flour and spices and process until a dough forms.
5. Divide the dough into 10 to 15 equally sized balls and put them on the prepared baking tray.
6. Flatten the balls to turn them into cookies (approx. 3/4 cm thick) and bake for approx. 15 minutes until golden brown.
7. Let cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!

If you're not having the whole batch at once, it's best to store them in an airtight container. They will easily keep for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment