Pages

April 28, 2011

Yellow chicken curry

Yellow chicken curry

Almost weekend again! Yes, I say that almost every Thursday, but that's just because I'm looking forward to it.
I'm going to have a busy weekend. Saturday is my mom's birthday, so I will be spending the afternoon with her and stay there until Monday. My grandparents are celebrating their birthday on Sunday, which means another birthday party to attend and on Monday morning I'm going to have a quick check-up from my therapist. So even though I'm spending my weekend away from home I certainly won't have much rest.
My mom told me she's going to make some really good cakes, so hopefully she will share the recipes with me and I'll make sure to take some pictures and post them on my blog!

I'm also going to take my running shoes with me so I can go for a run over there, it's much less busy in the area my parents live so it's better to run some distance. Or I might do an interval training, not sure yet.. Just 2 weeks until my 5km race, so I better keep my ass moving. The 5km won't be a problem, my endurance is good, my legs have gotten much stronger over the past few months. It's just that I haven't done that much actual running because I wanted to get used to my Crossfit routine first. Luckily I feel realy good these days so I can run some more and those 5km won't be a problem.
Last year I came in 63rd overall (36th in my category), in 21.56 minutes. I really want to run faster this time! Let's see what happens..


For dinner I made myself this curry, I used up my last bits of roast Easter chicken. It was much better than when using diced chicken fillet to be honest.

Yellow chicken curry (serves 2)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into smaller florets and chopped stems
- 100g shii-takes, chopped
- 300g shredded roast chicken
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 3 tbsp creamed coconut
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a wok and fry onion for a few minutes until soft.
2. Add broccoli florets and stems and fry for a few minutes, then add shii-take and shredded chicken and fry for a minute or so.
3. Add curry paste, creamed coconut and 3/4 cup water. Reduce heat to low and simmer until curry paste and coconut have dissolved and there are hardly any liquids left.
4. Serve with coriander leaves on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment