April 4, 2011
Chocolate pumpkin cookies
Why would you make pumpkin cookies when you could also make chocolate pumpkin cookies?
Right, that's what I thought!
I don't know why I'm craving cookies all the time, but I really like experimenting with them these days. So far, these are one of my favourites!
Quite moist on the inside, rich chocolate flavour, walnuts..
These would be perfect for an Easter treat! And that's why I decided to join in Kelly's recipe roundup for 'Our Spunky Holiday', the Easter edition!
She has some wonderful recipes on her own blog, go check it out over here: The Spunky Coconut
Chocolate pumpkin cookies (makes 10 - 12 cookies)
- 12 dates (use approx. 6-8 when using Medjool dates)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a foodprocessor, combine dates, eggs and pumpkin and process until smooth.
3. Add cinnamon, cocoa and almond flour and process for a few seconds until well-combined.
4. Remove the blades from the bowl and stir in the walnuts.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and flatten them with the back of a spoon to shape them into cookies.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until small cracks start to appear.
7. Let them cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!