Pages

April 7, 2011

Pumpkin spinach chicken

Pumpkin spinach chicken

Breakfast was easy this morning, I simply whipped myself up this stir-fry and I already know it'll keep me going all morning.
I'm planning to go for a good workout after work today and I hope I'll still feel like it when I get home by then. I've been pretty tired over the last couple of days, as if I can never get too much sleep. So lots of healthy eating for me!
This breakfast was a good start for sure.

Pumpkin spinach chicken (serves 2)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g chicken fillet, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin cubes, steamed
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a wok or skillet and fry onion until soft.
2. Add chicken and fry until browned, then add the red pepper and fry for 2 more minutes.
3. Stir in spices and pumpkin cubes, mix well, then add spinach leaves and fry until wilted.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment