Pages

April 20, 2011

Pumpkin egg scramble

Pumpkin egg scramble

My first breakfast back home again. And I must say it isn't as much fun as having breakfast at Whole Foods, but it's probably still healthier (the eggs and my beloved chicken sausages at Whole Foods were really salty, and I loaded up on some more carbs too) and I enjoyed making this myself.
Even though it's 7am now, it still feels like 1am and time for bed. Even while I just clocked 9,5 hours of sleep. Luckily I only have 3 days of work to go and will probably feel better after relaxing over the Easter weekend.
I think I'm going to go for a workout this afternoon too, I really missed that while in New York. Especially with all those jogging people around me over there. (no, the Chinese elderly didn't inspire me to do Tai Chi, I admire them for doing so, but it's just not my thing)

Pumpkin egg scramble (serves 1)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 handful spinach leaves

1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and sautee onion until soft.
2. Add whisked eggs and scramble for a minute or two, then add pumpkin puree and spices.
3. Keep scrambling the mixture so it thickens, this will take another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Serve on a bed of spinach leaves and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Made it this morning -- the addition of pumpkin made it so filling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! Thanks for pinning it, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just made this for brunch, thanks for this amazing recipe!! i cooked up some bacon first then used the bacon fat to saute onions and cook the rest... delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was delicious! I had leftover canned pumpkin and I wanted to do something with it for breakfast,a nd I was like "hm, I wonder if I can scramble eggs with pumpkin" and I got on pinterest and found this recipe. It was both sweet and savory, and very filling. I also just love canned pumpkin, I could just eat it plain!

    ReplyDelete