Pages

April 11, 2011

Salmon parsley patties

Salmon parsley patties

For a while now, I've been thinking about making myself some fish cakes. I finally did so yesterday and ended up making these salmon patties with lemon and parsley.
I served them with some stir-fried leeks with coconut milk, curry powder and lemon juice.

I think I'm going to start packing my suitcase tonight, I keep thinking of things I need to bring anyhow so I might as well start putting things in my suitcase..
Just 3 more days to go and I'll be on my way to the airport! (sorry if I'm actually annoying people by telling how much I'm looking forward to my trip, I just can't help myself.. but at least I'll have lots of (food) stories to tell when I get back!)

Salmon parsley cakes (serves 2)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 salmon fillets, approx. 300g, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard seeds
- lemon pepper
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp coconut oil

1. In a food processor, combine onion, parsley, salmon, mustard, lemon pepper and lemon zest and process until well-combined and almost smooth.
2. Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry patties over medium heat until golden brown. This will take approx. 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your patties.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment