April 9, 2011
Smoked salmon zucchini salad
These days I don't seem to be able to listen to some of my favourite songs from back in high school too often. There's Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink 182, Goo Goo Dolls, System of a Down, Weezer, KoRn, Metallica, and many many more. I especially can't get enough of this song: Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag.
I loved that song!! And still do, I have to admit..
I must have driven my parents very close to crazy during high school. Not that my taste in music has changed that much, the volume just went way up!
I'm about to go and get myself some US Dollars now, but I just had to share today's lunch with you all; smoked salmon zucchini salad.
This morning I found some smoked salmon at the supermarket (I was daydreaming in front of the fish section until this caught my eye) and decided to combine it with the zucchini I still had at home. Really good!
Smoked salmon zucchini salad (serves 2)
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
1. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini halves into long noodles and divide them over 2 plates.
2. Divide the halved cherry tomatoes over the zucchini.
3. Roll up the smoked salmon slices and divide them over the zucchini as well.
4. Add capers and parsley, and sprinkle some lemon pepper on top of the salads.
5. Finally, drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice to taste over the salads. Serve and enjoy!