Pages

April 21, 2011

Tomato salad with sausages

Tomato salad with sausages

Ever since coming back from New York, I've been craving salads. In fact, all of my meals so far have had some raw veggies in them.
This morning I tried to make myself some fish cakes with mackerel, but they fell apart as soon as I tried to flip them. They tasted really good though, so I'm going to have another try over the Easter weekend.
Tonight I made myself a quick dinner out of some cooked sausages I had leftover. I combined them with some tomatoes, and my very own home-grown basil! And turned it into a salad which tasted really good.
I also started working out again. Yesterday was my first one and tonight I went again, since the gym's closed tomorrow. Went really well! Tomorrow I'm going to make an attempt on running again. I'm a little worried my knee might hurt, because I kind of hurt it with all the walking I did last week. It's still a little sensitive with certain movements, but the only way to find out if I can run, is by running, so that's what I'm going to do.
My jetlag doesn't seem too bad by the way! Just a little tired in the morning and slightly fitter in the evenings than usual.

Tomato salad with sausages (serves 1)
- 100g sausages, cooked
- 2 tomatoes
- black pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil

1. Slice the cooked sausages and dice the tomatoes and combine them in a bowl.
2. Drizzle the oil over the salad and sprinkle with some freshly ground black pepper.
3. Mix well and top with fresh basil. Serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment