April 10, 2011
Carrot salad with coconut sesame chicken
Had a brand new workout schedule today. Fun!
I mostly trained my arms and core, so my legs got spared a little. That was a good thing, because last thursday's squats with 40kg (instead of 35) were slightly too hard on my knees. Not that they hurt, but the muscles around them are still a bit sore and I don't want to force anything. (I mean, I need my knees and I especially don't want to see them getting injured)
Last thursday's training was fun though! A circuit built up out of 7 exercises, I started doing 15 reps of each exercise, then 14, then 13 etc, all the way down to 1. Nice :)
Finally made me able to get rid of some stress that had built up in my head.
Yesterday I made a long list of stuff I need to pack into either my suitcase or my hand luggage next week, and bought the last few items I didn't already have. I also got myself some US Dollars so I'll be able to do quite the amount shopping during the first few days.
This morning I made a different version of last night's sesame chicken by adding dessicated coconut and cinnamon. Combined with a simple salad made out of thinly grated carrot it made a tasty breakfast.
Coconut sesame chicken (serves 2)
- 400g chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. In a bowl, combine ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon, dessicated coconut and sesame seeds, mix well.
2. Add chicken and mix until the chicken strips are coated with the mixture all over.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry chicken strips until golden brown and done.
4. Serve on top of a salad and enjoy!
Carrot salad (serves 2)
- 2 winter carrots
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Thinly grate winter carrots and divide them over 2 plates.
2. Add raisins, sprinkle with cinnamon and parsley and drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Mix well to combine. Serve with coconut sesame chicken on top and enjoy!