Pages

April 10, 2011

Carrot salad with coconut sesame chicken

Carrot salad with coconut sesame chicken

Had a brand new workout schedule today. Fun!
I mostly trained my arms and core, so my legs got spared a little. That was a good thing, because last thursday's squats with 40kg (instead of 35) were slightly too hard on my knees. Not that they hurt, but the muscles around them are still a bit sore and I don't want to force anything. (I mean, I need my knees and I especially don't want to see them getting injured)
Last thursday's training was fun though! A circuit built up out of 7 exercises, I started doing 15 reps of each exercise, then 14, then 13 etc, all the way down to 1. Nice :)
Finally made me able to get rid of some stress that had built up in my head.

Yesterday I made a long list of stuff I need to pack into either my suitcase or my hand luggage next week, and bought the last few items I didn't already have. I also got myself some US Dollars so I'll be able to do quite the amount shopping during the first few days.

This morning I made a different version of last night's sesame chicken by adding dessicated coconut and cinnamon. Combined with a simple salad made out of thinly grated carrot it made a tasty breakfast.

Coconut sesame chicken (serves 2)
- 400g chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil


1. In a bowl, combine ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon, dessicated coconut and sesame seeds, mix well.
2. Add chicken and mix until the chicken strips are coated with the mixture all over.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry chicken strips until golden brown and done.
4. Serve on top of a salad and enjoy!

Carrot salad (serves 2)
- 2 winter carrots
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1. Thinly grate winter carrots and divide them over 2 plates.
2. Add raisins, sprinkle with cinnamon and parsley and drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Mix well to combine. Serve with coconut sesame chicken on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment