Pages

November 26, 2010

Kohlrabi and thyme stir-fry

Kohlrabi and thyme stir-fry

Last weekend, my mom and me made this Kohlrabi Casserole from This Primal Life, as I told you before. Today I made my own version out of it, it's much quicker and I added more flavour to it by adding other herbs and spices. I also exchanged the sausages for some minced steak, so I wouldn't eat all those additives that usually are in sausages. The kohlrabi turned out to still be a little crunchy, I like that much better than veggies that are cooked until they've died, twice.
So all in all I liked the way it turned out, and I'm definitely going to make it again.

Kohlrabi and thyme stir-fry (serves 1)
- 150g minced steak (or low fat minced meat)
- 1 large kohlrabi, peeled and cut into 1x1 cm cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried or fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried or fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil

1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the meat until browned.
2. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, keep stirring, until the onion starts to get soft, then add the kohlrabi.
3. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes and add the other spices.
4. When the kohlrabi starts softening a little (approx. 5 minutes), add coconut milk.
5. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally until no excess fluid is left in the pan.
6. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment