Pages

November 21, 2010

Banana muffins

Banana muffins

This weekend I'm staying at my parents' home, having fun in the kitchen with my mom. (and of course we're doing some serious (window) shopping too!)
Yesterday morning the funniest thing happened; the cat was stuck in the neighbours' garden. (not my cat, who's also living here now, but the older one they already had)
She's getting a little older and since the neighbour had removed all large plants from his garden, our cat couldn't jump the fence to get back anymore so she was totally panicked. This all happened before 8am, when it was still a little dark.
Of course my mom and me decided we had to rescue her, and since the neighbour wasn't home that meant climbing his fence. So I dressed up in my mom's old clothes and sneakers, put a ladder against the fence and climbed over it. My landing wasn't so smooth, I slipped and fell, followed by a worried cry from my mom 'ooh, did you just fall!?', which I'm confident the whole neighbourhood heard.. After winning the cat's trust, which was still panicked, and handing it over to my mom who was on the ladder, I had to get back out of that garden.. Climbing wouldn't work, because the wood was so moist I slipped all the time. I guess it looked hilarious since you saw my face coming up over the fence, and then slipping back again a few times. (of course followed by worried questions if I was ok) At that point I got worried if none of the neighbours would be filming us, you never know when you end up on youtube.. I'm sure a couple of them were laughing their asses off though.
Finally we decided my mom would hand me the kitchen ladder and a rope, which I would tie around the ladder, so I could climb back over the fence and pull it up. After slipping once more, we succeeded! To our relief, everything seemed quiet in the other homes, but when we wanted to go shopping an hour or so later, one of the neighbours stepped out, asking what had happened.. He had seen it all..

Anyhow, later that day we made these banana muffins, they're really tasty. We made them with vanilla, but you could also replace that for 1 tsp of cinnamon. Glazing them with chocolate would be good too!
Here's the recipe:

Banana muffins
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla seeds
- 1 tbsp arrowroot

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease 5 large muffin cups with some oil.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender, process on high speed for about 30 seconds.
3. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
4. Bake for approx. 45 minutes, until browned and a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
5. Let cool and enjoy!

We actually ate these when they were still warm, that was really good!

1 comment: