Pages

November 8, 2010

Carrot Oatmeal

Carrot Oatmeal


Here it is, my first recipe I'd like to share with you.
It's one of my favourite breakfast dishes, it's really quick and easy to make and more importantly; it tastes good. I'm aware that it doesn't look that tasty at all, but if I had to describe the taste it would be a mix of warm oatmeal and carrot cake. Without the grains of course.
This dish always fills me up and keeps me going all morning without feeling hungry.


Carrot Oatmeal: (serves 1)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cookie spice (or mix some nutmeg, ground cloves and ginger)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp shaved almonds
- small handful of walnuts, broken into pieces


1. In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork and add coconut flour, almond flour, spices, coconut milk and eggs.
2. Mix (a fork will do, no equipment needed) until well combined.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and stir through.
4. Tranfer the mixture to a small saucepan and put over medium heat.
5. Stir constantly until the mixture has thickened and doesn't stick to the pan anymore, this takes approx. 6 minutes.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment