Pages

October 13, 2011

Spinach salad with bacon



Finally, my Blackberry services *seem* to be working again, which means I can upload my food pictures again. What about bluetooth, you may ask, I tried it, and it took my phone much longer than I had patience for, so I decided to just wait for the RIM services to work again.


Enough about phones, last weekend I made this spinach salad and my food tester and me both loved it! How do you make something simple taste good? Add bacon.
Yes, it's that simple.


Now the downside of this, is that I shouldn't be eating too much bacon despite feeling like this could end up in a bacon addiction (darn, I'm intolerant to pork..), and I know there are so many more bacon-addicts out there!
If this sounds familiar, try this recipe for a new way to include bacon in your diet (although you've probably thought of this yourself already), and if you're not too keen on bacon; try this recipe and you may just find yourself to be a bacon addict soon.



Spinach salad with bacon (serves 2-3)
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of roasted pumpkin pieces (just bake a medium pumpkin for 1 hour at 200 degrees Celsius, allow to cool, cut in half, scoop out the seeds and chop it up, no need to peel it!)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 strips of thinly sliced bacon strips


1. Put a frying pan over medium heat and fry the bacon strips until crisp, turning them after approx. 2 minutes. Don't let them burn! Transfer to a plate and allow to cool for a few minutes.
2. In the mean time, gather and chop up the other ingredients and combine everything in a large bowl.
3. Toss to mix, then take your bacon and crumble it over the salad.
4. Serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment