Pages

December 18, 2010

Turnip puree

Turnip puree

Seems like I'm eating a lot of mashed veggies this week. I love them all.
Just like this turnip puree.
I pretty much made it the same way as I made my parsnip mash, but this has a whole different texture and it's more refreshing. It's even better when you eat it cold!
Oh and something that doesn't have anything to do with food, but that I just wanted to share; I've got real heating in my home! Finally! They've installed it this morning and ever since, my home is nice and warm. Just in time for the holidays.

Turnip puree (serves 2-3)
- 2 turnips
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

1. Peel turnips with a vegetable peeler, cut them into small chunks and steam for 6-8 minutes, until soft.
2. Cut apples into pieces, discard the core, and put them in a bowl. Add turnip pieces and puree with a hand blender. (you could also put everything in a food processor)
3. Add coconut flour and cinnamon and stir well.
Serve warm or cold, whatever you prefer.

For serving, I sprinkled some more cinnamon on top because I thought it looked kind of festive. I served it with a simple chicken and kale stir-fry. But it might as well be part of any meal of the day. It could even make a sweet snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment