Pages

November 3, 2011

Whole30 day 11 & preparing for a survivalrun!

My exam is done. I'm not sure how I did yet (we'll know that in 6-8 weeks) but I was most certainly stressed out because I was nervous before the exam, and afterwards because the questions they asked sometimes just made no sense.
I guess I'm going to have to let it go now and wait for the results.


Now, on to the good stuff. I'm going to get (private!) rope-climbing lessons this weekend!! Awesome!! All to prepare for my very first survivalrun on November 20th. A 10km run, with at least 25 obstacles to conquer, most of which involve rope climbing / hanging / etc. I'm super thrilled I'm going to participate, it's going to be fun (and hard too) and since my race 'buddy' is really experienced when it comes to this kind of stuff, I will get expert advice, tips and tricks at any time during the race.
I'm already nervous as well.. Somehow, I'm convinced that as soon as I jump into a rope, I will slide right back down, not being able to climb any higher. I even dreamt about rope climbing last night..
I'll keep you posted on my progress (or lack thereof..)!


And here are my eats:
Breakfast: leftover bacon-wrapped chicken, and stir-fried kale with shii-take, onion and tomato.
Lunch: 2 burgers and some zucchini fritters (Easy on the go lunch, no cutlery needed! How Paleo..)
Dinner: leftover beef stew and broccoli, to which I added some tamarind paste (made it so much better!!) and topped with cilantro and desiccated coconut.

Halfway through the afternoon I ate a giant apple and a small container of macadamia nuts. (yup, I snacked because I was stressed, not because I was hungry.. It's a good thing I don't have an exam every single day)

No comments:

Post a Comment