Pages

January 17, 2011

Parsnip banana puree

Parsnip banana puree

Yum, I've found another great way to use parsnip!
At the market, I couldn't resist buying another 1kg bag of parsnips. I also got some bananas, but when I got home, over half of them had soft spots from the transport.. Last time I made parsnip puree with apple, so I figured I might as well make it with banana. This way it tastes even better!
I'm not sure yet how I'm going to use the puree. Eating it just like that is the easiest and most tempting option right now, but I'm going to see what I can make with it. Maybe I'll turn some of it into pancakes tomorrow morning, to have for breakfast.
If you'd add some chopped walnuts and blueberries, it would make a great dessert too.
In the mean time, here's the recipe to make the basic puree, so everyone can figure out their own way to use it.

Parsnip banana puree
- 5 parsnips
- 2 ripe bananas

1. Wash the parsnips, chop off the top and bottom and cut them into equal pieces.
2. Steam the parsnips for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender.
3. Process the parsnips with the bananas in a food processor until you've got a smooth and creamy puree.

Serve on the side, on top of an oven dish or any way you like.
Adding some cinnamon or vanilla will probably make this taste even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment