Pages

January 10, 2011

Curried savoy cabbage and celeriac mash

Curried savoy cabbage and celeriac mash

It's been a while since my last recipe, but I haven't been around during the weekend.
This morning my fridge was more or less emtpy, except for 1/2 celeriac from last week. (I put it in a plastic seal-bag and it kept really well)
So I went to the market and brought home a giant bag filled with veggies, yum! I couldn't resist weighing the bag when I got home: 11.4kg of veggies! That's quite a lot for just 1 person.. I guess I'll be freezing a lot of my cooking this week.
Of course I used my celeriac first today, and combined it with some savoy cabbage to make a mash out of it. It tasted great, especially with some raisins and walnuts.
I served it with an oven-baked Tilapia fillet, sprinkled with some lemon juice and saltless fish spices. Of course you can serve it with some chicken, turkey, beef or other lean meat as well.

Curried savoy cabbage and celeriac mash (serves 2)
- 1/2 savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 handful of walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Steam celeriac cubes for 7-8 minutes until fork tender and puree.
2. Add curry powder and lemon juice, stir well.
3. Heat coconut oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the onion until soft, add cabbage and stir-fry over high heat for approx. 5 minutes until wilted.
4. Reduce heat to low and add raisins and celeriac puree. Stir until well-combined.
5. Serve with chopped walnuts on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment