Pages

July 12, 2011

Whole 30 - Day 24

Just finished my first day of a new workweek, just 3 more to go. (and then another 8 1/2 before my holiday!)
I also did a fun workout:
5 rounds for time of:
400m run
20 deadlifts (40kg)
20 push ups
10 deadlifts (40kg)
10 push ups
I finished in 29:34, and was pretty tired afterwards!
It was also raining outside, but that actually made the running a little easier for me. I simply love running in the rain! (unless it's pouring of course..)


I must admit that, since this weekend, I wasn't too motivated to stay on course of my Whole30 eating plan anymore. Even though I did stick to it. It simply wasn't fun anymore, and I missed not being able to have certain foods.
Luckily I rediscovered my motivation this afternoon, after work. I enjoyed getting creative with all those veggies in my fridge again and making a simple yet tasty meal with it. Filled me up, looked nice, and didn't leave me craving for something sweet afterwards. Finally!
I guess this is all just part of the process... You'll be motivated at first, but the fun slowly goes away, you miss certain foods, and you might even start hating it at some point, right until you realise it isn't that bad after all and you are at peace with the decision you made.
I've been thinking of food I would eat after this Whole30, but this weekend seems to have been my turning point. Not having those foods isn't that bad after all, and I'm in no hurry to re-introduce them into my diet (which will be on few occasions only).
Yep, this turning point feels good!


And here are my meals:


Whole 30 day 24 - 1
Breakfast:
2 fried eggs with some chives, baba ghanoush, sauteed swiss chard, a tomato and leftover grilled redfish (yes, I kind of overloaded my plate..)


Whole 30 day 24 - 2
Lunch:
Salad with lettuce, kohlrabi, 1/2 avocado, chives and fried turkey pieces with spring onions


Whole 30 day 24 - 3
Dinner:
Ground beef with red poblano pepper, spring onions, swiss chard, lots of fresh parsley, on top of some lettuce and a tomato


Snack:
Carrot

No comments:

Post a Comment