Pages

February 23, 2011

Chocolate parsnip pudding

Chocolate parsnip pudding

Still had some parsnips in my fridge and decided they had to be used.. So, I made a chocolate pudding! Not exactly a combination you'd expect, but it works so well, especially with the coconut and the bananas.
Of course I also got myself (and a large part of the kitchen..) covered in cocoa powder.. They really shouldn't make those boxes so deep, it's too hard to get the last bits out without making a mess! Or maybe I'm just a little clumsy.. I guess we'll never know ;)

To prevent myself from overeating on this, I only put 1 portion in my fridge (to enjoy as a Friday night snack; the time I most feel like snacking) and froze the rest of the pudding. I hope it'll still be good when defrosted, but now I come to think of it, you could also just put it in the freezer for about 3 hours and serve it as ice-cream.
Whatever you decide to do with it, it's delicious!

Chocolate parsnip pudding (serves 4)
- 5 medium parsnips
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (scooped off the top of a refridgerated can of coconut milk)
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 heaping tbsp grated fresh coconut meat

1. Boil some water in a steamer and wash and coarsely chop the parsnips in the meantime. Steam for approx. 8-10 minutes, until fork tender.
2. In a food processor, process the steamed parsnips, bananas, coconut cream and cocoa powder until smooth.
3. Divide pudding over 4 bowls and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour to cool and firm up.
4. Serve with fresh coconut meat on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment