Pages

January 2, 2012

I'm back!!

Hey everyone!


First of all, Happy New Year! Let's make 2012 a good year.
I hope you all enjoyed your holidays.


And I'm sorry for taking such a long break from blogging over here.
Let me explain.
I started a new blog, a Dutch blog about the paleo lifestyle: http://www.eetpaleo.nl
So, I'd like to invite my Dutch readers to follow me there.
I've been posting some recipes and articles last month and love my new blog. The layout isn't what I want it to be yet but I'll get there.


It would still be a shame to let this blog go to waste though. I've loved my Paleo Foodie blog ever since I started and don't want it to disappear. Therefore, I've decided I'm going to 'synchronize' my blogs. The articles will be the same except for the language they're written in. With some exceptions of course, some will only be suited for the Dutch blog, some only for this one, but you get the idea.


Why, you ask?
Well, I noticed that a lot of Dutch readers like to read their recipes in Dutch. While they don't have any trouble reading and understanding my posts, they do find it hard to translate the ingredients. (and I must admit, I often need to use a dictionary to translate those from Dutch to English myself) So why would I first make the effort to translate something Dutch into English, so Dutch people can translate it back to Dutch? That doesn't make sense, even though I do encourage everyone to practice their language skills. Plus it makes going paleo just a little easier for someone who's Dutch when he/she doesn't have to translate everything first.


Since I love writing in English and I don't mind translating; that's why I'm going for two blogs. They'll always be equal and I love them both. I hope you will keep reading my posts, and most of all, enjoy them.


Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment